Friday 9 November 2012

Disney ICP Challenge :)


How did you find out about the programme?
I found out about the programme from a friends facebook page, I saw all his pictures popping up on my news feed when he was over there this summer and I was very very jealous, so when he got back I asked him about it and how he had done it and he gave me the link to Yummy Jobs :D
When did you apply for the programme? 
 
I applied for the programme on the 28th August 2012 :)
What did you enjoy the most about the application process?
 
I enjoyed going to the interviews, meeting people who love Disney just as much as I do and getting to know them was really fun, also meeting the interviewers themselves, the team from Yummy Jobs who were all lovely, and then the guys from Disney world which made me SO excited :’]
What did you find the most difficult about the application process?
 
Without a doubt the hardest part about the process is the waiting, it is seriously horrible not knowing if you’ve done well enough to get through to the next stage and sitting over thinking every little thing until you get your email. And then when you get your email, you get a mini heart attack and just feel so ridiculously sick, but when it’s good news it makes you feel amazing.
How successful were you with your application?
 
Very :D I got through and am going to work at Walt Disney World in the summer, I also got my first choice of position which I was ridiculously happy about.
What was your ideal start date?
 
There was only a choice of 2 start dates for this years programme and I was happy with either, I got June 3rd which is the first one, I’m happy cause I don’t have to see other people’s photos of being at Disney while I’m still at home waiting to go :’]
What was your preferred position?
 
Operations :) which is like working either in attractions or on the main gate, hoping I get attractions so I can work on a ride, but either way I’m happy, I mean I’ll be at Disney, how could I not be happy haha.
What 3 things do you wish to achieve during your programme?
  1. I want to make some new friends, people from the UK but also people from other cultures so I can become more culturally aware.
  2. I want to experience as much as possible, do everything I can, get involved with as much as possible, visit Walmart :’]
  3. And I want to have the best summer ever, I have never been to America so this will be an amazing summer to begin with but I want to make it even better :)
What 3 things are you least looking forward to/think you might dislike about your program?
  1.  Being away from family, I’m at university in Glasgow so I’m used to being away for like 6 weeks or so, but I know that my family are not too far away if something happens, my dad works in Glasgow in the week so he can always come and help me if I need him to, where as in America they can’t really just come and get me :’]
  2. Living in another country, Even though I always think as America and England being pretty similar, I know that there’s going to be more of a difference than I think, it will be a complete culture shock, but I think I will love it at the same time.
  3. Sharing a room with another person, I’m good at sharing a flat with people, but I haven’t shared a room since I was like 10, apart from like sharing a tent when I went to Morocco and was helping at brownie camp. Just hope I get on with them fine… and they don’t smell haha
What do you plan to do after your program?
I plan on staying in a Disney hotel for 3 nights using my cast member discount, then heading off to LA for a week and then New York for a week before I go home, so I can experience a bit more of America and see some of the famous sites I’ve always wanted to visit :) I don’t plan on bringing any money home with me really haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment